Grow Your Own Anti-Aging Food and Eat Healthy on Budget: Sprouts
Author: Inese Millere
Eating healthy is one of the best ways you can take care of yourself especially when you are over 40.
What you eat makes a big difference in the way you look and feel. A healthy diet gives you energy to get through your busy day, supports your mood, helps you maintain your weight, can help reduce PMS, combat stress, and ease the symptoms of menopause.
Eating natural, whole grains and eating a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables every day can help you look and feel younger, but there are some specific foods as sprouts you can add to your diet to increase the health quotient of every meal.
Sprouts have long been famous as “health food” but recent research shows that in addition to being a superb source of nutrients, they also have important curative and anti-aging ability.
What are sprouts?
Sprouts are edible seeds that are germinated. Sprouts are highly nutritious, easily used, easily digested, and inexpensive foods.
Sprouts are one of the healthiest food choices because sprouting transforms the nutrients of seeds, grains, and beans into easily digested, high- energy foods similar to vegetables, but much more concentrated in easily absorbed nutrients.
Sprouts are living foods. Even after you harvest your sprouts and refrigerate them, they will ontinue to grow slowly and their vitamin content will actually increase.
The Health Benefits Of Sprouts
- Sprouts are nutritious.
- Sprouts are easily digestible.
- Sprouts provide a good source of vegetable protein, and can support your healthy diet. They can be a healthy alternative to meat, so if you’re vegetarian, sprouts should be a part of your daily or weekly diet!
- Sprouts are natural sources of fiber.
- Sprouts contain healthy fats.
- Sprouts have an alkalizing affect on the body.
- Sprouts are cheap and easy way of increasing your intake of vitamins and minerals.
- Sprouts have an abundance of living enzymes, which, natural researchers say, help to slow down the aging process. Recent publications about longevity and nutrition indicate that sprouts can slow down or even reverse aging.
A balanced living foods diet, with plenty of fresh sprouts, offers a completely safe source of potential anti-aging nutrients.
Recommended Seeds for Sprouting
Almost any kind of seed can be sprouted and eaten. Some of the most common seeds to sprout are alfalfa, mung and adzuki beans, oats, chick peas, radish, broccoli, sunflower and lentil.
Sprouts are a very important part of my healthy eating plan for stress management and longevity.
With some additional knowledge you can start growing sprouts, enjoy healthy eating on budget and reverse aging.
About the Author
Dr. Inese Millere is certified Stress Management coach who assists professional women in developing individualized stress management programs, healthy lifestyle routines and finding a right life balance based on their priorities and values.
Join Action4Balance.com community and receive stress management and balanced life tips for FREE.